Applications are invited for admission to the MBBS course at Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune, commencing from 01 Aug 2012. Total 130 candidates (including a maximum of 25 girls) will be selected. All the 105 boys and 25 girls admitted to AFMC, Pune have compulsory liability to serve as commissioned officers in the Armed Forces Medical Services on graduation. The type of commission will depend upon the vacancies available and merit-cum-option at the final MBBS examination. The liability of the SSC officers passing out of AFMC to serve the Armed Forces Medical Services would be seven (7) years. All candidates admitted to the
college are required to execute a bond to this effect for an amount of `15 lacs (Rupees Fifteen lacs) at the time of joining the college. Students removed from service liability due to any reason will have to pay the bond money as per conditions laid down by Govt of India.
2. Ten seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates who also have similar service liability and have to fulfil the requirements of medical fitness, age, educational qualification and qualifying the entrance examination.
3. SPECIAL CONCESSIONS: The Govt will provide free accommodation and entitled rations, subsidised messing, AC 3 Tier free railway warrant from college to home and back during vacations, a book subsidy of `12, 000/- during entire training period, uniform allowance of ` 6000/- per student during first year and `1250/- per year as maintenance allowance in subsequent years and any other misc. allowances as applicable.
4. All candidates should be medically fit as per laid down standards for the Armed Forces.
5. Only unmarried candidates are eligible. Marriage during the course is not permitted. The college is fully residential both for boys and girls.
6. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: Applicants must have passed the XII standard/pre-professional/premedical examination or equivalent examination of statutory Indian University/Board or any other recognized Board/University as a regular student in all the subjects opted for in FIRST ATTEMPT with the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology securing not less than 60% of aggregate marks in the three science subjects taken together, not less than 50% marks in each of the science subjects and not less than 50% marks in English. They must have also passed an examination in Mathematics at least of the matriculation standard. A
graduate of B.Sc. examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany or Zoology) and also must have passed the earlier qualifying examination i.e. XII standard/Pre professional (Med) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English and obtained marks as stated above.
NOTE (a) Candidates who are to appear in the qualifying examination (10+2 or equivalent) up to 01 May 2012 may also appear for the test provisionally.
(b) The following categories of students are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply:-
(i) Candidates who have passed in Domestic Science, Domestic Arithmetic, Lower Maths separately or in combination with other subjects like
General Science, Social studies in High School/Higher Secondary (Multi-Purpose) or equivalent examination
(ii) Candidates who have passed only Pre-University/Pre-Degree (one year course) or Pre-Professional in Agriculture/Veterinary/Dental
(iii) Candidates who have passed the Pre-Professional or other equivalent qualifying examination as PRIVATE CANDIDATES.
7. AGE LIMIT: Should attain the age of 17 years on 31 December 2012 but must NOT have attained the age of 22 years on the above mentioned date i.e. not
born earlier that 01 January 1991 and not later than 31 December 1995, if the academic qualification of the candidate is 10+2 or equivalent. A candidate who has
passed B.Sc. examination or will be appearing in final B.Sc. examination and seeks admission must not have attained the age of 24 years on 31 December 2012 i.e.
must have not been born earlier than 01 January 1989.
8. METHOD OF SELECTION: Candidates will be required to appear in the competitive written test of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Intelligence, logic, Reasoning and English Language and comprehension on 06 May 2012. Allotment of seats at the centres will be on first come first serve basis only. It will be held at the following centres in India:-
AGRA, AHMEDNAGAR, AHMEDABAD, ALLAHABAD, AMBALA, AURANGABAD, BAGDOGRA, BANGALORE, BAREILLY, BATHINDA, BELGAUM, BHOPAL, CHANDIGARH, CHENNAI, CHILKA, COCHIN, COIMBATORE, DANAPUR, DEHRADUN, DELHI, DEVLALI, GAYA, GOLCONDA, GORAKHPUR, GUWAHATI, GWALIOR, JABALPUR, JAIPUR, JALANDHAR, JAMMU, JHANSI, JODHPUR, KAMPTEE, KANPUR, KOLKATA, LUCKNOW, MEERUT, MHOW, MUMBAI, NASIRABAD, PATHANKOT, PORT BLAIR, PUNE, RAMGARH, RANCHI, SECUNDERABAD, SHILLONG, TEZPUR, THIRUVANTHAPURAM, UDHAMPUR (J&K), VADODARA, VARANASI, VASCO-DA GAMA VISAKHAPATANAM and YOL .
9. Candidates selected in the written test, will be called for interview at AFMC Pune in the month of June 2012. No TA/DA would be admissible to the candidates either for written test, interview or at the time of reporting for admission.
10. HOW TO APPLY:
(a) Prospectus and application form for AFMC MBBS Entrance Examination 2012 will be available ONLY online, from 06 February 2012 onwards.
Candidates will have to login to the website of AFMC www.afmc.nic.in and click on the link AFMC MBBS Entrance Examination 2012 which will lead to the webpage containing the application process. Candidates should read the instructions/guidelines contained in the webpage carefully before applying.
(b) Candidates applying for AFMC MBBS Entrance Examination 2012 should have a valid e-mail id which is mandatory. All candidates should register themselves on the website by clicking on the “New Applicant Click here to Register” icon. You will have to fill up the relevant details and register. An e-mail with a temporary password will be generated and sent to the registered e-mail id. On first login a new password will have to be created by the candidate.
(c) Following successful registration, the candidate can now apply for AFMC MBBS Entrance examination – 2012, using his registered e-mail id and the new changed password as LOGIN ID and PASSWORD.
(d) On logging in to the account a unique registration id will be generated. All candidates will write down and keep this number safely since this will be used for all future correspondence. The candidate will have to fill the mandatory fields marked (*) in the application form.
(e) Candidates will also have to download and print the Bank challan form. This form will be printed with the unique registration number. Candidates will have to make the payment of ` 280/-(Two Hundred and Eighty only (Application fee + Bank charges)) at any State Bank of India branch across the country.
NOTE: This payment can be done ONLY 24 hours after initial registration on the website.
(f) To make the final submission of the form the candidate will have to upload his/her digital photograph and scanned signature. The photograph and scanned signature will be uploaded only in the .jpeg format. All photographs will be of passport size format with the name of candidate and the date of the photograph mentioned at the bottom of the photograph. Any form without a photograph or signature will be rejected. The form can then be submitted;
however the confirmation of submission will be uploaded ONLY when the bank confirms the payment of the application fees by the candidate.
(g) For those candidates who are unable to upload photo and signature, provision for submission of the forms by downloading, printing and sending the forms to AFMC Pune after affixing photograph and signature will be available from 28 Feb 2012 to 05 Mar 2012 ONLY. Candidates who send the forms by this method will have to paste the photograph and sign the application at the relevant place before sending it in the following address:
Officer in Charge (Admission Cell)
Armed Forces Medical College,
Post Office – Wanowarie, Sholapur Road,
Pune – 411040
(h) The last date for downloading and submission of application ONLINE will be 05 March 2012. However in case of candidates who have downloaded the forms by 05 March 2012 and sent by post, the last date of receipt of the same at AFMC Pune will be 12 Mar 2012 (1700 h). Forms shall not be accepted after the last date of receipt.
11. There will be no sale of Prospectus and application forms this year at Post Offices. Candidates are advised NOT to send any Demand drafts /Bank drafts/ Postal orders to AFMC.
12. Candidates who submit their forms online are NOT required to send anything to AFMC Pune at all. Those candidates, who are unable to upload photo and scanned signature, will have to send the filled and downloaded form to AFMC Pune after affixing photograph, signature.
Source: AFMC MBBS Entrance Ad
|You are reading this article on analystcalls.in, Stay tuned for career, Education news, Jobs, Exam Results, Answer keys, Interviews & Job discussions, Stock Market Technical and Trading Analysis and Calls, Latest Trendy News! For regular updates like us on Facebook and Subscribe by Email to get immediate updates.|