I got few mails asking that they want to analyze charts in Metastock Professional using the free EOD and IEOD data of NSE and MCX. In Amibroker we need to change the format file and accordingly data will be uploaded and stored. But this is not the case with Metastock. In Metastock the required data has to be converted into its native format before producing charts by it. Visit the following link to get IEOD Data into Amibroker:
Steps to download data, convert to Metastock format and upload the data:
1. Follow the instructions in the following posts to download required data:
2. Now you have the above required data in a folder. Remember this path where it is saved in your system.
3. Open Metastock software to convert data into its format and upload the same.
4. Select in the Menu, Tools–>The Downloader or press CTRL+D
5. You will get a new window called “The Downloader”. Here in the menu select Tools–>Convert…You will get “Convert Securities” window as shown in the image below:
6. You can find two sections in the “Convert Securities” window. Source and Destination.
7. In the Source section select the files or data that is downloaded previously. CTRL+A to select all the files. Ensure “File Type” is ASCII Text.
8. In the Destination section, make sure “File Type” is Metastock. Give destination path or output path in the Folder text box.(EX: C:\EOD NSE) Click OK button.
9. Data will be converted and you will get a “Converted Report” window that shows the files converted successfully. Now close “The Downloader” window and return to Metastock.
10. Now being in the Metastock window, select in the menu File–>Open and select the folder in which converted data is stored as in Step-8(EX: C:\EOD NSE)
11. Now the selected symbol or security will be presented as chart. That is all. You are done with the task. Here is a sample chart: