Visit the following link to get IEOD Data into Amibroker:
Herewith I present one of the easiest ways to get IEOD data for NSE stocks into Amibroker. IEOD data is quite useful for the intraday players that helps to analysz stocks with different time-frames 1, 5, 10, 15, 30, 60, 90, day, week, etc… as required. Apart from EOD charts, IEOD charts in hourly time frame helps to take more accurate decisions for traders and 15 min, 30-min time-frames also help a lot for the intraday players.
Now, I will show you how to get free IEOD data for the required NSE stocks and configure in Amibroker.IEOD data generally takes more memory on your hard-disks compared to EOD data. So, in this article I will show you how to customize data only for your required stocks instead of downloading data for the entire NSE stocks which you do not use. You can also check my other post on free real-time data feed with IEOD and EOD data for Amibroker.
Steps to download IEOD data:
1. Download the software and unzip the contents to a folder.
2. Now create a folder either in desktop or other path with some name such as IEOD. We need this to download the IEOD files.
3. Open the extracted folder from Step-1 and double click ‘Data Downloader.exe’ file.
4. Click on ‘Settings’ in the Menu and then click ‘Select Data Path’
5. Select the folder created in Step-2 by navigating to its path.
6. Now in the ‘Settings’ menu, select ‘Format Intraday Data’ and make necessary changes as shown in the following images:
7. Now open the IEOD folder created in Step-2 and open the file ‘Google Intraday.txt’. If the file does not exist then create one with that name. Here you can add the required stocks and delete them if you don’t want them to be downloaded. Only the stocks list mentioned in this file are downloaded for IEOD data.
To add a new stock to the list format is :
To add Nifty and BankNifty-
8. Save the file and close it.
9. All the above steps are one time process. Once they are done we can now download IEOD data as and when required.
10. Now to download IEOD data, open ‘Data Downloader.exe file’ and select ‘Download’ –> ‘Intraday Data’ –> ‘Google’
11. Select the number of days of data to be downloaded (max-15days) and hit ‘Download’ button. All the data will be downloaded to the folder IEOD created in Step-2
Steps to configure the format of the data to upload this data to Amibroker:-
1. Navigate to Amibroker Formats folder(depends on where you installed Amibroker in your system).
Here is the path in my system – C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\Formats
2. Create a text file and name it jdm.format and add the following content:
# by AmiBroker’s ASCII Import Wizard
$FORMAT Skip, Date_YMD, Time, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume
3. Save the jdm.format file and open Amibroker to create database for IEOD data.
4. Now open the file “import.types” in the path C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\Formats using notepad and add the following content and save the file.
5. Select File–>New–>Database
6. Enter a name to the database or first you can create a folder with that name in C:\Programfiles\AmiBroker and then select the folder in the Database window and click ‘Create’ button to create the database. Ensure the settings in this Database window are as shown in the image below:
7. Now, click on ‘Intraday Settings’ button in the above Database window. If it is closed then you can reopen by navigating File–>select the database you created. Then again File–>Database Settings… will open the settings of the IEOD database created in setp-5 above. Ensure the Intraday settings are shown below and click OK:
8. To upload IEOD data, select File–>Import ASCII…and follow the instructions in the following screenshot very carefully to select data:
9. Now IEOD data will be imported into Amibroker. You can now select any time-frame in IEOD data and analyse the required stocks and Index. You can also get Free Real-time data feed into Amibroker.